Saturday, February 21, 2009

Help Tasha




Hello, my name is Tasha Flasher and I have been diagnosed with advanced congestive heart failure and chronic kidney failure (http://www.felinecrf.com/) This is apparently not good. The VET says I'm very dehydrated so my crazy mommy is leaving water glasses all around the apartment for me to drink from since I don't like bowls. Mommy also gives me fluid injections a few times a week to make me feel better, they're not as gross as they sound. I also get to eat as much as I want to fatten me up, sadly I don't like to eat a lot and I'm very very thin. I have a wonderful food that the VET calls "kitty cheeseburger" food and it's for special cats who are recovering from illnesses. I sure like it a lot but can only eat a few bites at a time. This just means my fat brother Pippin will continue to expand from eating my leftovers, MOL. Don't feel bad for me though, I have lots of lovely friends and family. Even my stinky VET is pretty nice, they take really good care of me. http://www.glenoracatclinic.com/

23 February 2009-Update: The VET wants to do some surgery on my teeth, she thinks part of the reason I'm not eating is because they're so awful and infected. I'm a little worried about this, mainly because it will cost $1000 and Mommy is very stressed out about finding that kind of money, she's already spent so much on tests and visits and food since I was diagnosed in October.

We came up with an idea we hope you would like to help us with! Mommy thought if we were to ask all of our friends for a small donation maybe that would help raise the money for my surgery. She is quite embarrassed about this but is willing to do anything to help me get better. She has helped lots of other kitties this way and is hoping this is a way for people to pay it forward. Any donation would help, no matter how small. It would be so wonderful to have lovely sparkly new teeth and be able to eat whatever I want without pain, it would help my kidneys too so it's a win/win situation!

From Lisa: Hi there. Those of you who know us know how much happiness Tasha has brought to everyone around her. She is only 12 years old and her prognosis can be quite good with the proper treatment, unfortunately the veterinary costs are burying me! ANY help you can give would be so much appreciated, I love my little girl so much, she brings me so much joy every day and I'm just not ready to let her go yet... Thank you all so much for reading Tasha's blog PLEASE HELP US, no donation is too small!









https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=3465223





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments